A partnership agreement with the French state will define the arrangements by which Caisse des Dépôts will contribute to the City Centre plan for the next 5 years.
It will therefore be able to mobilise €1bn in equity from Caisse des Dépôts:
- €50mn to support the engineering and expertise;
- €50mn to support innovative approaches and seed-stage smart solutions;
- €200mn to guarantee the implementation of property companies dedicated to business and the economic activity, as well as suitable mixed economy tools;
- And €700mn to support development projects for these territories by investing alongside economic stakeholders.
Caisse des Dépôts also wants to develop its range of savings fund loans to provide suitable financing:
- These loans could represent €700mn (extension of Territorial regeneration operations from the Urban Development Regeneration Loan);
- Support measures for social housing.
"The fight against territorial divisions is the core mission of Caisse des Dépôts. This is why Caisse des Dépôts began the City Centre of the future approach. In the context of the City Centre Action plan, Caisse des Dépôts will mobilise its expertise. Its regional managements will provide the elected representatives with engineering and financing in order to design and realise value creating projects for the territories, their residents and our country". Eric Lombard, Chief Executive Officer of Caisse des Dépôts.