Founded in 2004, Lyon International Chamber Music Competition (CIMCL) is a performance competition reserved for ensembles coming under the seven traditional formations of chamber music (duet for voice, violin or cello/piano, trio for strings/piano, string quartet, wind or brass quintet). Open to musicians under 33 years of age of any nationality, the 2017 competition gave pride of place to the wind quintet (flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, horn).
The aim is to shine the spotlight on young ensembles and promote their career debuts. Beyond the renown they gain from winning the prizes and the experience of meeting with professionals from all over the world, the winners will also be given opportunities to perform for the general public. They will particularly be invited to hold concerts in some fifteen venues across France and abroad.
The 2017 winners:
- 1st prize, awarded by the City of Lyon: Ensemble Ouranos (France)
- 2nd prize, awarded by Caisse des Dépôts: Lumo Quintet (Finland)
- 3rd prize, awarded by Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes Region: Monet Quintet (Germany)
- Professional Development prize, awarded by the Bullukian Foundation: Ensemble Ouranos
- Best performer, awarded by Sacem: Lumo Quintet
- Public prize, awarded by the CIMCL support committee: Ensemble Ouranos
- NoMadMusic Websurfer prize, awarded by Yamaha: Ensemble Ouranos
Find out everything about the Lyon International Chamber Music Competition
Find out everything about Caisse des Dépôts sponsorship