The Caisse des Dépôts group is an Official Partner of Paris 2024
The Caisse des Dépôts group is very proud to support Paris' bid for the 2024 Olympic and Paralympic Games. This bid has deep meaning and reflects the values we champion every day in the work carried out by our 120,000 employees. As a stakeholder in this incredible collective adventure, the Group is implementing all its know-how, in particular to design a smart and sustainable Olympic and Paralympic Village, which will contribute to convincing the IOC of the excellence of France's proposal and commitment to hosting the Olympics.
Pierre-René Lemas, Chief Executive Officer of the Caisse des Dépôts group
Olympism and public interest: as might be expected these are shared values!
Excellence, Friendship, Respect: today the three key principles of Olympism inherently reflect the public interest values Caisse des Dépôts has upheld for the past 200 years. But Olympism goes far beyond the scope of the Olympics by revealing the excellence of sportsmen and women as well as of individuals, businesses and local areas.
Banner hanging from the gable end of the Caisse des Dépôts building on avenue Mendès France (Paris 13th arrondissement)
The Olympic Games and Caisse des Dépôts go way back
"Citius, altius, fortius" (Faster, Higher, Stronger): the official motto of the Olympic Games was chosen by Pierre de Coubertin, in 1894, when he decided to revive the Olympics with a modern version. But the phrase was actually coined three years earlier on the current Caisse des Dépôts site in Arcueil, when the building was still a school. It's the first historical link between the public body and the Olympic Games.
A smart, sustainable and inclusive Olympic and Paralympic Village... during the 2024 Olympics... and beyond for our heritage
As an Official Partner of the Paris 2024 bid, the Caisse des Dépôts group wants to be a proactive contributor so our teams have designed a proposal for a smart Olympic and Paralympic Village for Paris 2024.
Conférence sur le Village Olympique 2024 par Camille Picard, directrice territoriale de la Seine-Saint-Denis de la Caisse des Dépôts, et Eric Desplanches, président d'Egis Conseil, lors du forum Villes Intelligentes organisé par la Caisse des Dépôts le 21 novembre 2016.
The ambitions of the smart Olympic and Paralympic Village :
- Intensify the use of buildings for the benefit of public areas and make clear efforts to reduce CO2 consumption
- Optimise the reversibility of areas
- Implement secure and efficient digital infrastructure
- Manage public areas dynamically for optimised use by both pedestrians and vehicles
- Pool parking in a mobility and service 2.0 centre connected to the River Seine and manage the riverbanks dynamically
- Optimise and monitor energy efficiency and balance
- Set up autonomous, electric and shared mobility solutions
Paris 2024 in video (the 1st in French)
All the Paris 2024 news
- The official website for the Paris 2024 bid: www.paris2024.org
- Paris 2024 Twitter account, Facebook page and LinkedIn page
- Use the hash tag #Paris2024 to support Paris' bid
- Walk, run or ride to make France's mobilisation thermometer rise. Sign up now at www.objectifparis2024.org or download the Objectif Paris 2024 app.