- structuring the silver economy sector;
- contributing to the adaptation of social housing stock to changing needs;
- financing the construction and renovation of special residences for the elderly;
- supporting local authorities as they develop their strategy for the silver economy;
- proposing new ways for seniors to mobilise their assets.
The agreement continues and builds on work already undertaken by Caisse des Dépôts on the theme of demographic transition and support for the government's policy of adapting society to an ageing population that resulted in the draft bill adopted by the French national assembly on 17 September 2014, which will have its first reading in the Senate on 17 March 2015.
"Population ageing is a massive phenomenon that will bring about profound changes. I have made demographic transition one of our strategic priorities because the Caisse des Dépôts Group, already a major player in the economy of ageing, will be called upon to intensify its efforts in this field, by helping to meet the financial requirements on which "ageing well" will depend."
Pierre René Lemas