The key figures of AFD business in 2017:
- €10.4bn in commitments (+11%);
- strong growth of business for companies, local authorities and CSOs* from the south (+30%), notably via Proparco, subsidiary completely dedicated to the private sector;
- strong growth in commitments in Africa (+15%), in the context of the Sahel alliance;
- €4bn for climate, or 50% of total commitments;
- €1.6bn for overseas;
- 752 projects with concrete measurable impacts: drinking water for 822,000 people, 3,395 MW of renewable energy installed, the schooling of nearly 400,000 girls and even the protection and restoration of 15 million hectares of natural areas.
*CSO: civil society organisation (an NGO, union, association, foundation, etc.)