Bpifrance provides powerful leverage for local area development by working in partnership with the regions, which take part in regional guidance committees.
- a finance unit devoted to innovation, banking co-financing and loan guarantees.
- an investment unit tasked with equity and quasi-equity investments
- a lead structure owned in equal measure by the French State and Caisse des Dépôts.
Key figures for 2016
- 13.3 billion in credits and aids granted including €1.3 billion for financing innovation
- 1,8 billion invested in capital
- 8 billion in guaranteed loans
- Bpifrance subscribes to 300 partner funds representing 3,000 SMEs
- 2 300 employees