The transactions carried out on 4 March :
- The French State and Caisse des Dépôts transferred to La Poste their respective stakes of approximately 1.1% and 40.9% in the capital of CNP Assurances and received in exchange shares in La Poste as part of a capital increase;
- La Poste transferred to La Banque Postale all the CNP Assurances shares received from the State and Caisse des Dépôts in exchange for shares in La Banque Postale as part of a capital increas ;
- Caisse des Dépôts acquired an additional stake in the capital of La Poste from the French State for nearly €1bn.
- Caisse des Dépôts holds 66% of the capital and voting rights of La Poste and the State holds 34%;
- La Banque Postale, a wholly-owned subsidiary of La Poste, holds 62.1% of CNP Assurances’ capital, the balance of which is held by BPCE (16.1%) and the remaining 21.8% by the public float.
La Poste’s General Meeting held on 4 March to approve these transactions also restructured the Board of Directors. Philippe Wahl was reappointed Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of La Poste.