The programme is located within Pays-Haut Val d’Alzette Community of Communes ( CCPHVA ), an authority that straddles the borders of Moselle and Meurthe-et-Moselle departments and is designing its public policy around the project to ensure continuity between the existing municipalities and the future ecocity. The CCPHVA has just been awarded the status of Positive energy area for green growth (TEPCV) by the Ministry of Sustainable Development.
The agreement will provide support for joint EPA and CCPHVA projects designed to kick-start local development; Caisse des Dépôts will bring to the table its financial engineering expertise, its loans out of savings funds and its public interest investment capacity in the following areas:
- economic development (commercial, craft and tertiary sector activities);
- housing: support for the local housing plan, developing housing for the young and for the elderly;
- health: development of multidisciplinary health centres;
- energy and ecological transition: support for renewable energy projects, developing the energy efficiency of public buildings and transport;
- support for cultural and digital centres of excellence.