Caisse des Dépôts is proposing a measure composed of various products in order to respond to the specific new requirements of housing associations:
- €2bn in 2nd-generation subsidized stockholders’ equity loans*, which will allow them to access quasi-equity funding to complete plans to finance the construction and refurbishment of housing;
- €2bn in fixed-rate loans for restructuring their debts on more favourable terms (from the month of June onwards);
- €1bn in fixed-rate loans for the construction of new housing (from the month of May onwards) and € bn of Caisse des Dépôts equity invested in an earmarked innovative investment vehicle and in its subsidiary CDC Habitat;
- €1bn in fixed-rate loans for the thermal rehabilitation of housing (from the month of May onwards);
- €3bn in short-term cash advances (available from early June onwards), including €1bn for the pre-financing of loans from savings funds for new transactions and €2bn in available credit in order to provide banking overdraft facilities for housing bodies.
For Eric Lombard, managing director of Caisse des Dépôts, this comprehensive scheme, a major strategic plan for housing from Caisse des Dépôts, is a prime example of the regional bank’s capacity for action, and is a focus for the activities currently being organised by Caisse des Dépôts. This extensive and coordinated measure, deployed in record time, sends a strong message to our clients: we are responding more closely to their requirements and to those of the French people in terms of housing.
* This scheme will be launched following the impending signature of the Caisse des Dépôts-Etat-Action Logement (State Action for Housing) agreement.