Pepite Lille Nord de France is one of the 29 Pepite selected following the joint call for projects by the State and Caisse des Dépôts. It is backed by the Lille Nord de France Community of Universities and Establishments, the universities and higher education establishments of Nord-Pas de Calais region, and their local, regional, institutional and business partners.
The aim of the agreement is to implement a series of initiatives in higher education over 2014-2016 period that will help to:
- strengthen the culture of entrepreneurship and innovation in higher education and encourage the emergence of start-ups with the potential for growth and job creation;
- acknowledge the value of an entrepreneurial approach through the national status of student entrepreneur;
- reinforce the link between higher and secondary education;
- encourage women's entrepreneurship;
- offer greater access to entrepreneurship for young people with few or no qualifications by encouraging partnerships between the Pepite and local youth agencies.
Caisse des Dépôts, in partnership with the Ministry of Higher Education and Research, has undertaken to issue a call for projects for the establishment of 29 Pepite, and will provide financing of €1mn out of a total of €4.6mn, alongside the State.