Historic expertise adapted to the challenges of today
The consignments management mission is a core part of the very identity of Caisse des Dépôts: acting as a trusted third party. The ruling of 03 July 1816 indicates that the protection of consignments is the founding element of Caisse des Dépôts.
Consignment is a flexible tool, one of the advantages of which is being able to adapt to the changing needs of society. It supports public policies and responds to legal and financial security needs in diverse areas: safeguarding jobs, protecting the environment, etc.
Whether you are a legal professional, a local authority, an administration, a company or an individual, consignment can apply to a diverse range of situations affecting you.
- Receiving funds, the arrangements of which are defined by a text (legal or regulatory), an administrative decision, or even a judicial decision.
- Safely keeping amounts and securities simply and efficiently.
- Returning funds to an identified beneficiary or to the French state when the time limit has been reached (thirty years in the majority of cases).
We ensure the financial security of funds that you entrust to us and the return guarantee to specific beneficiaries.
We guarantee you free, neutral and transparent conditions as regards the management of consignments.
Access our services for
Our consignments website
Access our website : www.consignations.caissedesdepots.fr.
- Over 160 consignment cases
- Average resources: €5.7bn at the end of 2014
- A service available all over the territory: 1 agency in Paris, 14 regional management units in cities and 4 overseas, 7 experts throughout France.
« La Caisse des dépôts et consignations est chargée de recevoir les consignations de toute nature, en numéraire ou en titres financiers, prévues par une disposition législative ou réglementaire ou ordonnées soit par une décision de justice soit par une décision administrative. »
Art L 518-17 Code monétaire et financier