- Have you received a letter?
Before transferring your money to Caisse des Dépôts, your financial institution (bank, insurance company or employee savings body) will send you a letter. You then have 6 months from the date this letter was sent to "reactivate" your account (current account, Livret A passbook account, sustainable development passbook account (LDD), home ownership saving scheme (PEL), company savings scheme (PEE), etc.) or life insurance contract, by contacting your institution.
- What will happen if you do not contact your institution to "reactivate" your account?
6 months after the date the letter is sent, the account or life insurance contract is closed. Any related sums are transferred to Caisse des Dépôts. Caisse des Dépôts should receive the majority of these amounts between October and December 2016.
- What does Caisse des Dépôts do with the amounts it receives?
Following receipt of these amounts at the end of 2016, in January 2017 Caisse des Dépôts will open an online search service. You can look for amounts owed to you, transferred previously by the financial institutions to Caisse des Dépôts. If Caisse des Dépôts has amounts which are owed to you, they will be returned to you.
There is no point in contacting Caisse des Dépôts before 2017, as it will not yet have received all the unclaimed amounts coming from financial institutions.
- Reactivate your account or contract now to avoid your money being transferred to Caisse des Dépôts.
- The financial institutions transfer the unclaimed amounts to Caisse des Dépôts in the second half of 2016. Caisse des Dépôts should receive the majority of these amounts at the end of the year.
- To contact Caisse des Dépôts, in January 2017, go to: the online search service, which will be made available to you and make the process of getting back your money easier.
To find out more
- Looking for the an "unsettled" life insurance policy
- Looking for an inactive account
- AGIRA (Association pour la Gestion des Informations sur le Risque en Assurance) :
- Les clés de la banque