The project is based around:
- distributed energy over 60% of which is produced from renewable primary energy (biomass-wood coming from the region);
- a network which adapts, economically, to the progressive development planning of the Mixed Development Zone (ZAC);
- an evolving project to potentially increase the number of account holders beyond the district according to the needs of the urban area.
The system contributes to great optimisation of the cost of heat distributed to future account holders, with, eventually, over 10,000 people, employees and residents (17,000 MWh/year).
The future eco-district of the ZAC of L’Arsenal in figures:
- total area: 26 hectares
- 250,000m² including over 2,500 homes of which
- 30% are social housing homes,
- 35,000m² of offices,
- 15,000m² of utilities,
- 10,000 m² of shops.
The site known under the name of L’Arsenal has the legacy of a long industrial past. Activities linked to weaponry took place there for nearly 60 years and NATO occupied the grounds of the Ministry of Defence there. Since 1952, Renault has gradually been transferring its Research Centre to Rueil-Malmaison. Since the development of the Dauphine, all the Renault range from the R4 to the Scénic and the engine boxes were designed there up to 2014.