As the number one financing network bringing together business founders, acquirers and developers, the network Initiative Occitanie, which groups together 21 platforms in the region, is thus initiating its first measure since the merger in 2016 of the networks Initiative Midi-Pyrénées and Initiative Languedoc Roussillon during the territorial reform.
The Occitanie-Transmission regional fund of unsecured loans has been set up for the purpose of strengthening the equity of business buyers, thereby facilitating the transmission of key businesses that generate wealth, jobs and business across the Occitania region.
The Initiative Occitanie network: key figures at a glance (2016)
- 21 platforms covering the entire territory;
- 57 permanent employees and 1,206 volunteers;
- 1,226 projects funded (35% of which are business takeovers);
- nearly €13mn in unsecured loans granted;
- 3,561 jobs created or protected.
The Initiative network's three main areas of action are:
- the interest-free unsecured loan (requiring no personal collateral), which helps to strengthen the equity of future entrepreneurs to provide easier access to bank financing;
- financial expertise when it comes to projects;
- guidance for new entrepreneurs provided by peers from the world of business.