In legal disputes with my landlord, how can I deposit my rent or my expenses ?

Caisse des Dépôts is not authorised to regulate disputes between parties, whatever they may be. Neither can it receive voluntary consignments. You cannot deposit your rent or your expenses of your own accord: any consignments must be planned for by a legislative or regulatory measure, or ordered by a judicial or administrative ruling (article L 518-17 of the French Monetary and Financial Code) The départemental conciliation commission can be called upon to settle the dispute.

If the parties have not been able to reach an agreement, the judge of the district court may allow you to deposit your rent.

SSee more :

Haut de page