This signing shows our involvement in the construction of an Olympics and Paralympics Village that is exemplary in terms of urban innovation and environmental excellence. Our ambition is both to promote ecological urban planning and to leave as a legacy an inclusive and attractive neighbourhood that meets the specific needs of the area.
Eric Lombard, Chief Executive Officer of Caisse des Dépôts
The work schedule:
- The first groundbreaking ceremony took place in Saint-Ouen-sur-Seine on 4 November, in the presence of the Prime Minister, many ministers and elected officials;
- In 2020, several months will be needed to deconstruct some buildings and prepare the land that will accommodate future construction, development work will begin in the spring of 2020;
- In the first quarter of 2021, construction of the Olympics and Paralympics Village buildings will begin;
- Construction and development work will take place from 2021 to 2023;
- On 1 March 2024, the Village will be made available to Paris 2024 by the real estate operators;
- The Olympic Games will be held from 26 July to 11 August 2024, then the Paralympic Games from 28 August to 8 September 2024;
- The Village will be returned to the operators on 1 November 2024 by Paris 2024 for the start of reversibility work;
- The new district will be delivered in 2025.