Pepite-Etena includes University of Strasbourg, University of Haute Alsace, Strasbourg Insa, Alsace Tech, the Economic Development Agency, Semia-Incubateur d’Alsace, Alsace Region Chamber of Commerce and industry, Alsace Region, Strasbourg Urban community and Mulhouse Alsace Conurbation.
Represented by University of Strasbourg, acting on behalf of the pole, Pepite-Etena brings together all universities and major institutes in Alsace, institutional partners and many players from socio-economic circles. It will benefit all of the Region’s students and young graduates. The State and Caisse des Dépôts have provided it with €90,000.
The agreement is intended to support Pepite Etena’s realisation of a series of actions that will contribute, over the 2014-2016 period, to:
- strengthening the entrepreneurial innovation culture within our educational programmes, while encouraging the emergence of companies with growth and employment potential;
- promoting entrepreneurial initiatives through the national Student-Entrepreneur status, set up at the start of the 2014 autumn term;
- creating a link between higher education and secondary education, an essential condition for successfully mobilising all talents;
- encouraging women entrepreneurs and social entrepreneurship;
- improving the access to entrepreneurship of young people with little or no qualifications, by encouraging partnerships between the Pepite structures and the local Missions.
The Pepite structures are contributing to the growing spread of entrepreneurial training and innovation on all post-secondary levels, and in all training sectors. Involving universities, major institutes, economic actors and association networks, they are intended to offer a pooled and complete system to raise awareness for supporting the entrepreneurial spirit of students and young graduates, which includes mobilising the existing financial possibilities (bursaries for project promoters, seed funds and interest-free loans). Since 15 September 2014, they have also been supporting the set-up of the national student entrepreneur status.
Nationally, Caisse des Dépôts is a partner of the MENESR and of the MEIN. Alongside the State, it is financing the 29 labelled clusters, in the amount of €mn for a total of €4.6mn.