Chamrousse and Caisse des Dépôts have identified key initiatives to be launched jointly with the aim of bringing renewed energy and a breath of fresh air to the resort. These initiatives call for a specially tailored policy for developing ski lift management, and for funds to be raised to finance a new phase of investment.
Seven key areas for cooperation have been identified:
- developing tourist accommodation,
- developing urban wasteland for tourist use,
- focusing on and developing unused parts of the ski area,
- the ski lift management agency,
- development of public transport,
- development of renewable energy,
- making skiing more accessible to young people.
As a preliminary, a tourism positioning study will be conducted to analyse the resort's competitive advantages. This will then be used to refine and clarify the commune's projects for the future and to draw up a pluriannual investment programme tailored to the resort's new ambitions.
Tourism and leisure projects are powerful drivers for regional "brand awareness", attractiveness and competitiveness and the Caisse des Dépôts Group considers them of key strategic importance.