GRTgaz : Caisse des Dépôts and CNP Assurances 39% shareholders

Caisse des Dépôts

CNP Assurances

Energie et environnement

Société d'Infrastructures Gazières (SIG), an investment vehicle held by CNP Assurances and Caisse des Dépôts, and ENGIE and have finalized the acquisition by SIG of an 11.5% stake in GRTgaz from ENGIE for €1.1Bn. With this transaction, SIG, shareholder of GRTgaz since 2011 with a 25% stake, now owns about 39% of the company, ENGIE retaining the remaining 61%.

This acquisition includes for SIG the sale of 17.8% in Elengy in exchange of new GRTgaz shares and simplifies the shareholding structure of GRTgaz, which holds 100% of Elengy following this transaction.

Thanks to this investment in GRTgaz, Caisse des Dépôts group reinforces its support for the development of a carbon-neutral gas mix, fully in line with the objectives of the Paris agreement. We are pleased by this transaction to further strengthen our ties with ENGIE in the sector of infrastructures essential to the energy transition, alongside other key partnerships such as CNR, the largest producer of hydroelectric energy in the country, or FEIH/FEIH2, the largest wind and solar platform in France.

Eric Lombard, CEO of Caisse des Dépôts

Read the press release and know more

Si vous souhaitez continuer et lire nos vidéos,
vous devez nous donner votre accord en cliquant sur le bouton ci-dessous.