On 19 December the 12 winning projects from the Reinventing Heritage Call for Projects were announced. The aim: to enhance French tourism heritage by rehabilitating and transforming sites with heritage or architectural value into hotel, cultural, events or third location projects.
Reinventing Heritage relies on a €1mn engineering fund that will support the winners in the design of their investment projects and help them to speed up their implementation. The technical steering of the fund is provided by the Ministry for Territorial Cohesion and Relations with Local Authorities, the Ministry of Culture, as well as the National Agency for Territorial Cohesion, Banque des Territoires and Atout France.
The 12 winning projects:
- Place Ducale in Charleville-Mézières (Ardennes)
- Fort Saint-Nicolas in Marseille (Bouches-du-Rhône)
- The brickworks plant in la Grève-sur-Mignon (Charente-Maritime)
- The Convent of the Visitation in Puy-en-Velay (Haute-Loire)
- The Citadel of Givet in Charlemont (Ardennes)
- The Familistère of Guise (Aisne)
- The Castle of Courtanvaux (Sarthe)
- Zuydcoote North Farm (North)
- The Domaine de Pontigny (Yonne)
- The Gérard Marchant Hospital in Toulouse (Haute-Garonne)
- Wesserling Park (Upper Rhine)
- The Castle of L'Isle Briand (Maine-et-Loire)