What is digital accessibility?
An accessible website is one which enables all Internet users to access its contents easily, including people who are disabled and who use specialised software or hardware. An accessible website makes it possible, for example, to :
- Navigate using speech synthesis or refreshable braille displays (particularly used by blind or sight-impaired Internet users).
- Customise the Website display in line with personal needs (e.g.: increasing text size).
- Navigate without a mouse, using just the keyboard or via a touch screen.
Quick access menu
These are the first links accessible via keyboard shortcuts, and direct Users towards the main zones of the Website (e.g.: browsing, search, contents).
The menu is divided into 4 main sections and 4 main spaces :
- The Group
- Local authorities
- Map of the regional managements
- Media library
- Press space
Clicking on the logo at the top of the page takes you back to the home page.
There is a search engine for searching for articles on the Website
Your browser's features
Increasing the text size
Your browser has several default tools for helping you to browse the Web.
- On a PC: hold down the Ctrl key as you press the + key to increase the text size. Hold down the Ctrl key as you press the - key to reduce the text size. By pressing these keys successively you can increase or decrease the text size in stages. Also note that by holding down the Ctrl key as you press 0 (the number "zero") you can return to the default text size.
- On a Mac: You simply need to replace the key combinations involving the Ctrl key above with the Cmd key to carry out the same actions.
This website has been designed so that Users can use the keyboard to navigate all of the pages. In most cases, you simply need to use the Tab key on your keyboard to navigate from one clickable element to another on the page. Vice-versa, if you wish to reverse your reading direction, press a combination of the Maj + Tab keys.
Keyboard users can print any page of the Website by accessing it then pressing the Ctrl + P keyboard keys at the same time if you are using a PC, or the Cmd + P keys if you are using a Mac.
If you encounter any problems, feel free to get in touch with us.
Technology used on the Website